Becky is making some delicious Greek Tacos today in her kitchen!
Here’s the recipe:
• 1 LB. GROUND ROUND
• ½ CUP CHOPPED ONION
• 2 CLOVES MINCED GARLIC
• 2 TEASPOONS OF ALL-PURPOSE GREEK SEASONING
• 1 ½ TSP GROUND CUMIN
• SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
• ½ CUP GRAPE OF CHERRY TOMATOES CUT INTO HALVES OR FOURTHS
• 1 CUP FRESH SPINACH- STEMS REMOVED AND DISCARDED
• 3 TABLESPOONS FETA CHEESE, CRUMBLED
• 6 MINI PITA POCKET BREADS (I brush them with a little olive oil and garlic salt or Greek seasoning and pop them in the oven on broil for about 2 minutes to flavor and crisp them up.)
• Tzatziki sauce from the deli or Tzatziki Ranch sauce (recipe follows)
• Greek “Salsa” – Chop cucumber, celery, red onion and quartered cherry tomatoes into small pieces and combine in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add a little bit of Italian dressing to enhance the flavor.
1. Cook ground round, onion and garlic in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until beef is browned; drain well. Add Greek seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper and blend well.
2. Stir in tomatoes and spinach and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, allowing tomatoes to become juicy and spinach to soften.
3. Cut pocket bread in half, then spoon mixture into each bread pocket and top with Tzatziki sauce and feta cheese.
4. Spoon Greek salsa on top to complete your Greek taco.
Tzatziki Ranch sauce – Grate 1 seedless cucumber and drain to remove as much liquid as possible. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, 2 cups of Greek yogurt or sour cream, 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried dill weed, 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated, and a package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.