“The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:31, NIV
Oh boy! Guess this commandment was not during 2021, that began in 2020, the year in infamy. Think about it. While 2020 was a literal nightmare, continuing into 2021, that I am sure none of us would like to relive, reflect on the blessings of how much good came of it and drew people closer to one another – UNITY.
When the COVID19 kept getting more and more difficult to deal with, it seemed there was no end, and then came a new strain. BUT, situation after situation, revealed ways our nation came together in so many different ways. Did we not learn new ways to cope when difficulties seemed to overshadow “dooms day” mentality? Time after time, I observed a shift from, “It’s impossible” to “When the going gets tough the tough get going.”
How? The love of our faith in Jesus Christ, began taking on ways neighbor could help neighbor. In our own town, we saw:
- Prayer parades driving to key areas to pray for God’s protection
- Churches reaching out to assist those in need
- Church services being provided over Zoom
- Various organizations reaching out to assist those less fortunate
- Expanded focus of providing for the homeless
- Renewed emphasis with love in ACTION as people answered the call to serve
- The story of the “good Samaritan” as told in the gospel of Luke, 10:25-37 became real life in Waxahachie
Do you want to see continued UNITY in our county? Become connected to the call to serve through the opportunities of “Love Your Neighbor” Project. Be a part of activating that this county knows and loves Jesus Christ!
– Terry Miller has over 30 years of banking and training experience with major banking institutions.12+ years as owner/principal of Terry Miller & Associates – a training and development firm. He spent 8 years as director of Pastoral Care with Waxahachie Bible Church. Terry is currently semi-retired. Continuing with self-employment directing Terry Miller & Associates, a consulting firm conducting speaking and training engagements, in addition to authoring and publishing 4 books.