– Next Monday, 4 July, we will celebrate the 246th Anniversary of the Independence of the United States of America. I love Independence Day! It is our National Birthday, and we should celebrate!
– Most of you know that I have lived my life serving our Republic as a Marine and that my daughter and son are Marines, and my wife is a Navy Veteran. Connally’s have served America since before the Republic, and you could say service to the Republic is the family business.
– As I learned about our history in school, it became clear that our Republic is exceptional. Our Nation is founded on the principles that all men are created equal and endowed with God-given unalienable rights, specifically Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Our government derives its power from the consent of the governed. We built an American culture upon these principles and Christian morals.
– As I traveled the globe to foreign lands and served with men and women from every state, I realized just how special. The most significant amongst our blessings are the Americans I stood with and their families back home who raised these remarkable sons and daughters.
– Alexis de Tocqueville, the great observer of early American democracy, wrote a poem where he said he searched for the greatness of America and didn’t find it until he went into our churches and found righteousness. He concluded, “America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”
– I love Independence Day, and I’m proud to be an American because of my family service and history, the high principles of our very special Republic; the fantastic Americans with whom I served; and because America is good!
– So, go to a Parade, shoot fireworks, and celebrate! Teach your kids to love America and why!
Happy Birthday, America, and may God grant us many more blessed years!
Because “all things are possible through prayer and heavy deadlifts.”™