We are missing the State Fair this year, and the State Fair misses us. The folks who organize and run the Fair have put together some alternatives to help us have a Fair experience without the Fair! On the weekends you can do the drive-through Fair where you can get some yummy Fair food and have your picture taken with “Small” Tex.
There is another alternative online called “Fair from Home”. The State Fair team has put together a fun-filled collection of virtual events celebrating Texas. There are downloadable Fair activities for the kids and all new digital and video content which will allow you to create new Fair traditions and celebrate your favorite parts of the State Fair of Texas this year.
There are six different categories: Fair Food Fun, Taste of Texas, The Fair Online, Kid’s Fair Activities, Virtual State Fair Contests and Fair Park. You just click on a particular image and it takes you straight to that section.
- Fair Food – Each week you can see State Fair concessionaire videos that teach you how to make your favorite Fair food.
- Taste of Texas – This is your chance to vote for your favorite Fair food.
- The Fair Online – Video tours explore the grounds and the Midway. An online shopping guide lets you order Fair purchases, and the Texas Auto Show lets you see the latest models from your favorite auto makers.
- Kid’s Fair Activities – Collections of downloadable kits and activities so families can create Fair traditions at home.
- Virtual State Fair Contests – You can submit a picture of a piece of artwork you have done to be entered in the Virtual Creative Arts contest. There is also a Virtual Photo contest. Both contests will have winners!
- Fair Park – Fair Park has been the home of the State Fair of Texas since 1886, and is also home to one of the most important collections of art deco buildings in the nation. You can learn about the architecture as well as some of the other residents of Fair Park like the Texas Discovery Garden and the Dallas Summer Musicals.
This is such a wonderful resource that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Click here to get to the link.