Finger Food Friday is a new one for me, but I am definitely a fan of finger food, better known as appetizers! Cheese boards and chips and dips are always good, but there are lots of other options whether you are serving guests or just having a casual Friday night with your family.
The key is finger foods should be easy to make, easy to eat and of course, delicious! The website Pure Wow has a section titled “55 Finger Food Recipes Everybody Will Love”. I checked it out and was pleased with the variety of these selections. I think this may become my go-to site when I need new ideas for appetizers and finger foods.
Check out these options from the site.
- Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – All you need are brussels sprouts, bacon and honey. Wrap the sprouts in bacon, roast them in the oven and then drizzle with honey.
- Spicey Pineapple Prosciutto Tarts – You caramelize slices of pineapple on the stove with lots of black pepper, bake it on store-bought puff pastry and once it’s baked, top it with a pile of prosciutto.
- Mini Skillet Pizzas with Mushrooms and Roasted Tomatoes – Roast cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in the oven. While they are roasting, divide store-bought pizza dough into 10 even pieces and stretch each to form a circle. The secret to this recipe is that you cook these dough circles in a cast iron pan at high heat so they will get golden brown and crispy. Top them with your favorite marinara sauce, lots of cheese and the roasted veggies. You won’t be able to eat just one!
- Loaded Baked Potato Chips – Slice small red potatoes into ¼ inch rounds, brush with olive oil on both sides and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes. Top with bacon bits and grated cheese and pop them back in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt. Garnish with sour cream and chopped chives and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Lunch Kabobs – Layer your favorite deli meats, cheeses and veggies between mini slices of bread on cocktail picks for an easy lunch or appetizer.
These are just 5 of the 55 recipes offered on this site. Click here to visit Pure Wow.
– Becky Lynn is a writer for EllisDownHome.com. She and her husband Bob enjoy spending time with their 8 grandchildren and traveling. Becky loves cranking up the music and heading to the kitchen to try out new recipes or cook for an upcoming party. She is passionate about continuing to be a life-long learner!